Minnesota’s Changing Climate Learning Module
This site features an entire learning module featuring Minnesota’s four biomes, the impacts of climate change and historical journal observations from Minnesotans. It also includes an introduction to different types of journals and encourages participants to make their own observations of their biome and submit them via the online classroom.
Minnesota’s Changing Climate Curriculum and Supporting Materials
- The Minnesota’s Changing Climate Curricula for Grades 3-8 and 9-12 are available to download for free from the site. In addition, full color handouts included in the curriculum are available if educators would like to print them off in full color.
- Explore Minnesota’s Biomes Kit rental is available for up to three weeks and educators must agree to use the kit in their classroom and in an outdoor setting with students. Biome kits are available to educators in the metro area.
- Videos that are included in the learning module, as well as other videos that may support learning about Minnesota’s biomes and climate change can be viewed through the video gallery. Student submitted videos about observations or action projects they are doing in their biome are encouraged and will be included here as well.
- Images from the learning module are available to view and download for student projects. Student submitted images of observations or action projects they are doing in their biome are encouraged and will be included here as well.
Connecting via the Social Network
This site features student submitted observations and action projects in the form of text, images and video.
- The Classroom Social Stream features the twitter feed for the Minnesota’s Changing Climate project (@mnclimate) and the Will Steger Foundation (@willstegerfound).
- Students and educators are encouraged to Share Observations and Action Projects in the form of text, images and links to uploaded videos.
- Online classroom visitors can View Observations and comment on them.
***Due to the blocking of youtube in most schools we ask that videos be uploaded to teachertube (http://www.teachertube.com/) and tagged willsteger and mnclimate. When your video has been uploaded there will be a link available for sharing. Please include this link when you share the video via the online classroom.***